Early Warning Scoring and Pulse Oximetry
There is good evidence that a significant number of patient deaths in hospital are preventable. Detecting signs of a patient’s deterioration with early warning scoring (EWS), combined with effective processes for emergency response, could help prevent cardiac arrest in the general ward.
This programme will examine the use of early warning scores and their role in preventing cardiac arrest. It will also look specifically at the technique of pulse oximetry.
- CPD learning time: 1hr.
- Identify the role of early warning scoring in preventing cardiac arrest and unplanned admission to ITU.
- Identify the early warning scoring parameters.
- Understand oxygen transport physiology.
- Identify the main indications for performing pulse oximetry.
- Identify the equipment and correct procedure for monitoring pulse oximetry and ensuring safety.
- Understand the limitations of pulse oximetry.
To purchase this course
This course costs £25. Click on Add to basket to purchase.