Covid Vaccination (Practical Skills) Training
These sessions will be delivered by a specialist nurse trainer who is currently administering COVID-19 vaccines as part of the mass vaccination programme.
This interactive training, delivered via our virtual classroom, aims to ‘top up’ and complement your COVID-19 eLearning and / or practical training so that you have the knowledge, skills and confidence to fulfil your role in the COVID-19 vaccination programme.
They are suitable for registered and non-registered healthcare professionals as well as vaccination support workers.
- Please ensure that you read the COVID-19: vaccinator training recommendations (Public Health England)
- Following this training you must self-assess your competence and knowledge (using the COVID-19 vaccinator competency assessment tool) and seek additional training if necessary
Your trainer will be delivering the session using an online classroom – known as a ‘webinar’.
To get the most out of the session we recommend you follow these simple tips:
● Don’t be afraid to ask questions: just as in a classroom setting our trainer is there to facilitate your learning. There are no silly questions.
● If you are in a room with other colleagues, it is a good idea to nominate a ‘speaker’ to ask questions to the trainer.
● Wear a sticker with your name on it so that our trainer knows who you are.
● Have some paper and pens ready in case our trainer asks you to write something down.
● It’s ok to get up and stretch if you need too.
● Have fun! We aim for all our learning to be an engaging experience.
● Please leave us feedback using the online code you will be given.
● Please note: you must stay for the full session or you will not receive your certifcate of attendance.
● Delegates please login 15 mins before start time to allow for any technical issues etc.
You can access via the Zoom app or via your PC (you will need to download Zoom )
● Getting started with Zoom on windows and Mac
● Using Zoom app (IOS)
● Zoom app android
Zoom is very intuitive and allows for direct interaction with our trainer.
● Please mute yourself when not talking as this cuts down background interference.
● Please use headphones if possible.
● Please make use of ‘reactions’ and chat facilities as these can aid interactions.