The training is intended to ensure that: There is consistency in the interests of all concerned. Learners understand that the organisation has a duty to ensure that it is meeting its obligations in a non-confrontational, safe environment where calmness and reason prevail. That all learners can gain a clear understanding of how to identify and diffuse difficult and threatening situations involving aggression, intimidation and many other types of challenging behaviour. The course also aims to highlight the important part that communication plays in de-escalating a situation.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Explore your understanding of what constitutes challenging behaviour
- Identify what might trigger challenging behaviour
- Develop an understanding of the theory of de-escalation – why do we need this skill?
- Recognise the causes and signs of escalation
- Identify the right time to intervene
- Explore the benefits of various conflict management strategies within the Kilmann grid
- Develop additional communication and empathy skills
- Recognise how non-verbal communication methods can affect the outcome
- Understand what impact your choices in intervention methods can have on the outcome
- Demonstrate effective de-escalation techniques
- Identify the benefits of learning from conflict.
Expected learning time
1 hour 30 minutes
About this course
Produced by My Learning Cloud.