- Be aware of current laws and legislation relating to fire including employee and employer duties and responsibilities.
- Improve your knowledge and awareness of strategies and policies;
- Recognise and acknowledge different types of fire equipment, provisions and relevant signage;
- To understand what is required to meet law in fire equipment and maintenance;
- Know what action to take in the case of discovering a fire.
The learning outcomes for this course are:
- Why fire training is necessary
- An explanation of why fire training is essential.
- The law
- Details the law and the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- The great escape
- Your actions upon hearing the fire alarm.
- Theory of fire
- The fire triangle;
- Types of extinguishers.
- Fire safety provision
- Provision, policies and procedures.
- Fire prevention
- Good housekeeping.
This Fire Prevention and Awareness course has been mapped to the learning outcomes for QCF unit: HSC 2019.
Expected learning time
About this course
Produced by My Learning Cloud.