This comprehensive online bundle will enable nurses and other healthcare professionals participants to develop or refresh necessary knowledge and skills in venepuncture / phlebotomy
Cannulation training available on request
Our nurse-led interactive webinar provides nurses and other healthcare staff with the knowledge and overview of skills required to perform venepuncture / phlebotomy.
Our specialist trainer will also talk you through practical demonstration(s) and there will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions. You will also receive:
- Access to our online venepuncture course
- A competency framework to download and use in your clinical area
On successful completion learners who are new to venepuncture / cannulation are required to gain competency under clinical supervision within their own workplace: competency frameworks will be provided.
All learners will receive a CPD certificate and downloadable handouts.
Target audience: nurses, health care assistants, support workers pharmacists, phlebotomists and other health care staff involved in venepuncture / phlebotomy.
Course duration: 3 hours plus online learning
Maximum no of delegates: 15
Book your place now using this link.
**Early bird options available.**
Learning outcomes include:
- Understand the professional and legal issues surrounding venepuncture.
- Understand venous anatomy and suitability of vessels for venepuncture.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of vein selection criteria.
- Awareness of available equipment: vacuumed systems, ‘butterflies’ etc.
- Practical demonstration by specialist nurse of safe and competent procedure – includes hints and tips.
- Understand the common complications, e.g. haematoma, extravasation, needlestick injury etc.
- Awareness of practical steps to minimise risks to the patient and member of staff.
Course content includes:
- Overview of professional aspects of venepuncture.
- Overview of the venous anatomy of the human arm and leg and criteria for vein selection.
- Equipment available – review of the common blood sampling and safety devices available.
- Practical demonstration using the most up-to-date training manikins available.
- Complications of venepuncture.
- Documentation and competency assessments.