This comprehensive training bundle will enable nurses and other healthcare professionals to develop or refresh necessary knowledge and skills in catheterisation (male and female)
Our nurse-led interactive webinar provides nurses and other healthcare staff with the knowledge and overview of skills required to catheterise / care for male and female patients.
Our specialist trainer will also talk you through practical demonstration(s) and there will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions. You will also receive:
- Access to our online catheter care course
- Competency frameworks to download and use in your clinical area
On successful completion learners who are new to catheterisation are required to gain competency under clinical supervision within their own workplace: competency frameworks will be provided.
All learners will receive a CPD certificate and downloadable handouts.
Target audience: nurses and other health care staff whose role involves catheterisation.
Course duration: 3 hours per subject plus online training (catheter care).
Maximum no of delegates: 15
Sessions are delivered via Zoom platform. You will receive comprehensive details both about how to access as well as get the most out of your training – please allow 2 business days from your order.
Learning outcomes include:
- Understand the anatomy & physiology of the male and female genitourinary systems.
- Describe the indications for urinary catheterisation.
- Describe the role of urinary catheterisation in urinary tract infection.
- Describe the signs and symptoms of a urinary tract infection.
- Describe the correct technique for insertion and aftercare of a urinary catheter.
Course content includes:
- Overview of professional aspects of urinary catheterisation.
- Anatomy & physiology
- Guidelines for practice.
- Advice re choice of catheters & drainage systems.
- Practical demonstration by trainer.
- Documentation and competency assessments.
Your trainer will be delivering the session using an online classroom – known as a ‘webinar’.
To get the most out of the session we recommend you follow these simple tips:
● Don’t be afraid to ask questions: just as in a classroom setting our trainer is there to facilitate your learning. There are no silly questions.
● If you are in a room with other colleagues, it is a good idea to nominate a ‘speaker’ to ask questions to the trainer.
● Wear a sticker with your name on it so that our trainer knows who you are.
● Have some paper and pens ready in case our trainer asks you to write something down.
● It’s ok to get up and stretch if you need too.
● Have fun! We aim for all our learning to be an engaging experience.
● Please leave us feedback using the online code you will be given.
● Please note: you must stay for the full session or you will not receive your certifcate of attendance.
● Delegates please login 15 mins before start time to allow for any technical issues etc.
You can access via the Zoom app or via your PC (you will need to download Zoom )
● Getting started with Zoom on windows and Mac
● Using Zoom app (IOS)
● Zoom app android
Zoom is very intuitive and allows for direct interaction with our trainer.
● Please mute yourself when not talking as this cuts down background interference.
● Please use headphones if possible.
● Please make use of ‘reactions’ and chat facilities as these can aid interactions.