Advanced Life Support (ALS)
This 1 day course will equip learners with the theoretical and practical skills required to practice advanced life support in adults.
We can adjust this face-to-face programme to suit the needs of the group and it can be complimented with a range of our online training courses.
- Maximum no of course participants: 12.
- Course duration: 1 day.
Learning outcomes include:
- Knowledge of the incidence and causes of sudden death in adults.
- Understand Advanced Life Support (ALS) guidelines in adults.
- Demonstrate confident and safe practice of ALS in adults.
- Understand principles surrounding defibrillation.
- Demonstrate how to recognise cardiac arrest and peri-arrest ECG rhythms.
- Understand safe principles and techniques for airway management using Laryngeal Mask Airway and Endotracheal Intubation.
- Knowledge of what drugs are used and when.
Course content includes:
- Incidence and causes of sudden death.
- Review of basic resuscitation skills.
- Advanced life support practice and supervision.
- Defibrillation technique.
- ECG recognition of cardiac arrest and peri-arrest rhythms.
- Airway management – Laryngeal Mask Airway and Endotracheal Intubation.
- Drug administration methods.