Infection Control for Healthcare Environments
This full day course will examine the prevalence of healthcare associated infections (HAIs), their causes and preventative measures that may be employed.
We can adjust this face-to-face programme to suit the needs of the group and it can be complimented with a range of our online training courses.
- Maximum no of course participants: 20.
- Course duration: 1 day.
Learning outcomes include:
- Understand the evidence-based practice in infection control.
- Know the routes of transmission.
- Knowledge of standard infection control precautions and the need to adhere to local policies.
- Knowledge of infection control precautions related to MRSA.
- Awareness of the infection control implications of urinary catheter management.
- Awareness of the infection control implications of enteral feeding.
- Awareness of the infection control implications of IV therapy.
Course content includes:
- Common routes of transmission.
- Standard infection control precautions with emphasis on adhering to local policies.
- Infection control related to specific topics – urinary catheter management, enteral feeding and IV therapy.