The ECG Demystified©
This award-winning course provides a comprehensive guide to ECG interpretation.
It is suitable for all healthcare professionals who record and interpret ECGs. It begins with a basic overview and builds up to a more advanced level of interpretation over the two days.
We can adjust this face-to-face programme to suit the needs of the group and it can be complimented with a range of our online training courses.
- Maximum no of course participants: 30.
- Course duration: 2 days.
Learning outcomes include:
- Understanding cardiac anatomy and physiology.
- Safe and effective ECG recording techniques.
- Confidently recognise normal ECG appearances.
- Confidently recognise common abnormal cardiac rhythms.
Course content includes:
DAY 1 – ECG Rhythms… Without the Blues!
- Review of cardiac anatomy and coronary circulation.
- Practicalities of ECG rhythm monitoring.
- Sinus rhythm and variations, junctional rhythm.
- Supraventricular tachycardia.
- Ectopic beats.
- Atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter (and embolic stroke risk assessment).
- Heart blocks.
- Cardiac arrest rhythms.
DAY 2 – Reading between the lines: The 12-Lead ECG
- Recording a 12-Lead ECG.
- The limb leads and chest leads.
- Cardiac axis made easy.
- The ECG in acute coronary syndromes – differential diagnosis of unstable angina, non ST elevation myocardial infarction and ST elevation myocardial infarction.