The Law and The Nurse
This fascinating course is delivered by a practicing Advanced Nurse Practitioner with an extensive clinical and legal background.
It will provide you with expert opinion on a raft of professional and legal issues that affect everyday practice of healthcare professionals. Our trainer relates the content to numerous real life scenarios that provides attendees with an intriguing day’s study.
We can adjust this face-to-face programme to suit the needs of the group and it can be complimented with a range of our online training courses.
- Maximum no of course participants: 30.
- Course duration: 1 day.
Learning outcomes include:
- Greater understanding of The Code and a nurses’ s professional and legal responsibilities.
- Awareness of legal issues relating to documentation, social media, confidentiality and Do Not Attempt Resuscitation (DNAR) orders.
Course content includes:
- Documentation and the importance of maintaining accurate patient records.
- Social Media and the healthcare professional – The ‘Don’ts’ and the ‘Really Don’ts’!
- Accountability and Professional Responsibilities (at work and out of work).
- How to deal with errors.
- DNAR orders.