Basic Adult Life Support
This workshop will provide the learner with an awareness of procedures around basic life support.
The content is based on the current Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines and has been verified by Skills for Health as aligning to the UK Core Skills Training Framework. This course has also achieved accreditation from the CPD Certification service.
We can adjust this face-to-face programme to suit the needs of the group and it can be complimented with a range of our online training courses.
- Maximum no of course participants: 12.
- Course duration: 2-3 hours.
- This course has been accredited by the CPD certification service.
Learning outcomes include:
- Understand basic life support requirements in adults.
- Understand the principles that underpin basic life support in adults.
- Know the circumstances under which resuscitation is performed.
- Know the importance of early intervention.
- Be aware of the different types of cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Be aware of how to manage a choking patient in line with current national guidelines.
- Be aware of the steps to take in order to place a patient in the recovery position.
Course content includes:
- Role of a First Aider.
- How to maintain a safe environment.
- Perform primary /secondary survey.
- Summoning help.
- Place someone in the recovery position.
- Effectively demonstrate Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) in adults.
- Demonstrate actions for choking emergencies.