Moving and Handling People Skills Workshop
This course is an update of safe and effective practice for moving and handling people.
We can adjust this face-to-face programme to suit the needs of the group and it can be complimented with a range of our online training courses.
- Maximum no of course participants: 12.
- Course duration: 3-4 hours.
- This course has been accredited by the CPD certification service.
Learning outcomes include:
- Understand the principles of safe moving and handling.
- Knowledge of legislation surrounding moving and handling.
- Review postural analysis tools to assist with risk assessment.
- Understand the link between moving and handling, infection control and tissue viability.
- Demonstrate a proficient skills level of a key selection of moving and handling techniques relating to your own work setting including: the safe use of mechanical patient hoists and related sling application; the safe use of slide sheets and the sit to stand transfer.
Course content includes:
- The principles of safe moving and handling of people.
- Legislation relating to moving and handling – Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and Manual Handling Operations Regulations (MHOR) 1992.
- Current guidance on safe practice.
- ‘Bad practices’.
- Spinal mechanics and back care.
- Risk assessment.
- Safe load management.
- Applying principles to lifting, lowering, pulling & pushing, carrying and supporting.