Vaccination & Anaphylaxis
Vaccination programmes are amongst the most successful public health measures.
This interactive training workshop will be of interest to any healthcare professional who delivers or advises on immunisation, e.g. nurses, pharmacists and health care assistants. We can adjust this face-to-face programme to suit the needs of the group and it can be complimented with a range of our online training courses.
- Maximum no of course participants: 12.
- Course duration: 3.5 hours.
- This course has been accredited by the CPD certification service.
Learning outcomes include:
- Understand the professional and legal issues relating to vaccination programmes.
- Understand the importance of proper vaccine storage and handling.
- Identify vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Identify an appropriate anatomical site for vaccination.
- Safely perform a vaccination following a period of supervised practice and assessment of competency.
- Identify the complication associated with vaccination.
- Understand the physiology and triggers of anaphylaxis, and management.
- Identify the early signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis and how to manage this emergency condition.
- Understand how to perform adult and / or paediatric basic life support in accordance with UK Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
Course content includes:
- Intramuscular (IM) injection.
- Subcutaneous (SC) injection.
- Intradermal (ID) injection.
- Intranasal delivery.
- Recognition and management.
- Distinguishing from simple faint etc.
- The use of adrenaline autoinjectors.
Basic life support (by-stander CPR) adult and / or paediatric
- Chest compressions.
- Compression: rescue breaths ratios.