- The term ‘Charles Bloe Training Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 6 Princes Street, Innerleithen, EH44 6JT. Our company registration number is 224189. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, emailing email@example.com, or by telephone on 0330 3210 228.
- Our Privacy and Cookies Policy, sets out the terms on which we process any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us when using the Website and which sets out information about the cookies we use on the Website. By using our Website, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- These terms and conditions shall govern your use of our website.
- By using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full; accordingly, if you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our website.
- If you register with our website or submit any material to our website we may ask you to expressly agree to these terms and conditions.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s) and subject to Section 13.1 we accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
2. Copyright notice
© 1999-2019 Charles Bloe Training Ltd. Subject to the express provisions of these terms and conditions:
- We, together with our licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website.
- All the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
3. Licence to use website
Subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions, and providing that you will have no right to access or use materials that are only available under a subscription unless you have purchased a relevant subscription and that subscription is current.
- View pages from our website in a web browser.
- Download pages from our website for caching in a web browser.
- Print pages from our website.
- Stream audio and video files from our website.
- Download documents and other files from our website that are specified on the website as downloadable, store and view them on your computer, and print copies of them.
- Use our website services by means of a web browser.
Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on our website. Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
- Republish material from our website (including republication on another website).
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from our website.
- Show any material from the registered users’ section of our website in public.
- Exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose.
- Redistribute material from our website.
We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.
4. Acceptable use
You must not:
- Use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website.
- Use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- Use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
- Conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent.
- Use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
- Use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities.
You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is accurate and non-misleading.
5. Use on behalf of organisation
If you use our website or expressly agree to these terms and conditions in the course of a business or other organisational project, then by so doing you bind both yourself and the person, company or other legal entity that operates that business or organisational project to these terms and conditions.
In these circumstances references to “you” in these terms and conditions are to both the individual user and the relevant person, company or legal entity (unless the context requires otherwise).
6. Registration and accounts
- Registered users must immediately inform us if there is any reason to believe that a user ID or password has or is likely to become known to someone not authorised to use it or is being or is likely to be used in an unauthorised way.
- Registered users are responsible for the security and proper use of all user IDs and passwords used in connection with our websites and must take all necessary steps to ensure that they are kept confidential, secure, used properly and not disclosed to unauthorised people.
- You must not use your account or user ID for or in connection with the impersonation of any person.
- Registered users must not change or attempt to change a user ID. In the case where a user has forgotten or lost a password or user ID they must contact us and satisfy such security checks as we may operate.
- We reserve the right to suspend user ID and password access to the website if at any time we consider that there is or is likely to be a breach of security.
- We reserve the right (at our sole discretion) to require registered users to change any or all of the passwords used by you in connection with the website.
- Registered users must immediately inform us of any changes to the information supplied when registering – where this facility is provided, this can be achieved by updating your profile appropriately via online forms.
7. Training course subscriptions and fees
Online training courses
- To become a subscriber to a training course on our website, you must pay the applicable subscription fees or register for a free course. We will send you an acknowledgement of your order. The contract between us for the supply of the website services shall come into force upon the issue of the order acknowledgement.
- Course fees are clearly stated on our website.
- You must pay to us the fees in respect of our website services in advance, in cleared funds, in accordance with any instructions on our website.
- If you dispute any payment made to us, you must contact us immediately and provide full details of your claim.
- We may vary fees from time to time by posting new fees on our website, but this will not affect fees for services that have been previously paid.
- For so long as your account and subscription remain active in accordance with these terms and conditions, you will have access to the course materials and website features specified on our website in relation to the training course for which you have subscribed.
- At the end of any period of subscription for which you have paid, and subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions you will no longer have access to your course(s).
How to book / pay for your purchase:
- Please book online using our secure booking system to pay using credit/debit card.
- Fee is exclusive of VAT. VAT @ 20% will be added at checkout. Includes tuition, course materials, morning / afternoon refreshments (not lunch) and a certificate of completion.
- We do not accept provisional bookings.
- Your registration and attendance details will be held securely for 3 years.
- Charles Bloe Training Ltd offer a 14 day cooling off period (after date of sale) during which a full refund will be given.
- After 14 days we will not offer any refunds, however we may accept named replacements. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details / questions.
- If you would like to change your booking to another date / location please contact us as soon as possible and we will try to accommodate your request. However, we cannot guarantee an offer of a place on another day / location.
Please note: We advise you not to book any travel or accommodation until the course is confirmed by email 28 days before the event. Charles Bloe Training Ltd do not accept any liability for travel and accommodation costs if an event is cancelled more than 28 days before it is due to be run.
8. Distance contracts: cancellations and refunds
- This Section 8 applies if and only if you offer to contract with us, or contract with us, as a consumer – that is, as an individual acting wholly or mainly outside your trade, business, craft or profession.
- You may withdraw an offer to enter into a contract with us through our website, or cancel a contract entered into with us through our website, at any time within the period (subject to Section 8.3):
(a) Beginning upon the submission of your offer; and
(b) Ending at the end of 14 days after the day on which the contract is entered into,
You do not have to give any reason for your withdrawal or cancellation.
- You agree that we may begin the provision of services before the expiry of the period referred to in 8.2, and you acknowledge that, if we do begin the provision of services before the end of that period, then:
(a) If the services are fully performed, you will lose the right to cancel referred to in Section 8.2;
(b) If the services are partially performed at the time of cancellation, you must pay to us an amount proportional to the services supplied or we may deduct such amount from any refund due to you in accordance with this Section 8.
- In order to withdraw an offer to contract or cancel a contract on the basis described in this Section 8, you must inform us of your decision to withdraw or cancel (as the case may be). You may inform us by means of any clear statement setting out the decision. In the case of cancellation, you may inform us using the cancellation form that we will make available to you. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning the exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
- If you withdraw an offer to contract, or cancel a contract, on the basis described in this Section 8, you will receive a full refund of any amount you paid to us in respect of the offer or contract, except as specified in this Section 8.
- We will refund money using the same method used to make the payment, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. In any case, you will not incur any fees as a result of the refund.
- We will process the refund due to you as a result of a cancellation on the basis described in this Section 8 without undue delay and, in any case, within the period of 14 days after the day on which we are informed of the cancellation.
- Charles Bloe Training Ltd offer a 14 day cooling off period during which a full refund will be given. After 14 days we will not offer any refunds, however we may accept named replacements. Please email email@example.com for further details / questions.
9. Use of forums / comments: your content (licence)
- In these terms and conditions, “your content” means all works and materials (including without limitation text, graphics, images, audio material, video material, audio-visual material, scripts, software and files) that you submit to us or our website for storage or publication on, processing by, or transmission via, our website.
- You grant to us a royalty-free licence to reproduce, store and, with your specific consent, publish your content on and in relation to this website.
- You may edit your content to the extent permitted using the editing functionality made available on our website.
- Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach any provision of these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may delete, unpublish or edit any or all of your content
10. Use of forums / comments: your content (rules)
By posting information in or otherwise using any forum, or other interactive service, that may be available to you on or through this website or any other Charles Bloe Training Ltd website, you warrant and represent that your content will comply with these terms and conditions.
Your content, and the use of your content by us in accordance with these terms and conditions, must not:
- Be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
- Be libellous or maliciously false.
- Be obscene, indecent, offensive, deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, anti-social, menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person.
- Infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right.
- Infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data protection legislation.
- Constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement.
- Constitute an incitement to commit a crime.
- Be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order.
- Be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation.
- Be blasphemous.
- Be in breach of official secrets legislation.
- Be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person.
- Depict violence or pornography.
- Be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading.
- Consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage.
- Constitute unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk email, or any form of lottery or gambling.
- Constitute the selling or trading of any merchandise or the soliciting for advertisers / sponsors.
- Contain software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party.
11. Report abuse
If you learn of any unlawful material or activity on our website, or any material or activity that breaches these terms and conditions, please let us know.
12. Limited warranties
We do not warrant or represent:
- The completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website. We acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors.
- That the material on the website is up to date.
- That the website or any service on the website will remain available.
We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to Section 13.1, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, our website and the use of our website.
13. Limitations and exclusions of liability
These ‘Exclusion of Liability’ provisions should be read carefully as they exclude or limit our legal liability in connection with your use of this website.
1. Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
- Limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence.
- Limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- Exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law, and, if you are a consumer, your statutory rights will not be excluded or limited by these terms and conditions, except to the extent permitted by law.
2. The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section 16 and elsewhere in these terms and conditions:
(a) Are subject to Section 13.1; and
(b) Govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
3. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
4. We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
5. We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
6. We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
14. Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may:
- Temporarily suspend your access to our website.
- Permanently prohibit you from accessing our website.
- Block computers using your IP address from accessing our website.
- Contact any or all your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our website.
- Commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise.
- Suspend or delete your account on our website.
Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our website or a part of our website, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account).
15. Trade marks
- Our logos and our other registered and unregistered trade marks are trade marks belonging to us; we give no permission for the use of these trade marks, and such use may constitute an infringement of our rights.
- The third party registered and unregistered trade marks or service marks on our website are the property of their respective owners and, unless stated otherwise in these terms and conditions, we do not endorse and are not affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such we cannot grant any licence to exercise such rights.
- You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions − providing, if you are a consumer, that such action does not serve to reduce the guarantees benefiting you under these terms and conditions.
- You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
- If a provision of a contract under these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
- If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of a contract under these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
18. Third party rights
- A contract under these terms and conditions is for our benefit and your benefit, and is not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party.
- The exercise of the parties’ rights under a contract under these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
19. Entire agreement
- Subject to Section 13.1, these terms and conditions, together with our privacy and cookies policy, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website and shall supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to your use of our website.
20. Statutory and regulatory disclosures
- We will not file a copy of these terms and conditions specifically in relation to each user or customer and, if we update these terms and conditions, the version to which you originally agreed will no longer be available on our website. We recommend that you consider saving a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
- These terms and conditions are available in the English language only.
21. Medical information disclaimer
- Our website contains general medical information and is for the use of healthcare professionals.
- The medical information is not advice and should not be treated as such.
- The medical information on our website is provided without any representations or warranties, express or implied.
- Without limiting the scope of the above sentence, we do not warrant or represent that the medical information on this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or is true, accurate, complete, current or non-misleading.
- You must not rely on the information on our website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.
- If you have any specific questions about any medical matter, you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.
- If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition, you should seek immediate medical attention.
- You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice or discontinue medical treatment because of information on our website.
- Our website includes interactive features that allow users to communicate with us. Any assistance you may receive using any our website’s interactive features does not constitute specific advice and accordingly should not be relied upon without further independent confirmation.
- Nothing in this medical disclaimer will:
- (a) Limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence.
- (b) Limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- (c) Limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- (d) Exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
22. Complaints procedure
At Charles Bloe Training Ltd we work hard to ensure that all customers, staff and consultants are satisfied with the service they receive. Customer service is our top priority, but like all business we recognise that we may, at times, not get things right. To help us continue to improve we welcome all comments – positive or negative about our services.
So, if you if want to provide feedback, or make a formal complaint, please contact us by:
- Emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing to us: Charles Bloe Training Ltd, 6 Princes Street Innerleithen Eh44 6JT
Please mark complaints for the attention of Mandy Day-Calder, Managing Director.
If you are unable to submit your feedback or complaint by email or in writing, e.g. because of a disability, please call our office on 0330 3210 228.
- We will endeavour to respond to all feedback / complaints within 48 hours during the working week Monday – Friday.
- We will investigate all complaints so please be patient with us during this process.
- We may need to contact you during the process if we require further information.
- We will also endeavour to reach a satisfactory outcome as soon as possible (within 4 weeks) keeping you informed of progress at all stages.
- The time limit for making a complaint is six months from the date on which the incident concerned took place.
- Records of complaints will be securely retained by Charles Bloe Training Ltd for two years and then destroyed.
23. Our details
Our website is owned and operated by Charles Bloe Training Ltd (Company Reg No: 224189).
You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by emailing email@example.com, or by telephone on 0330 3210 228.