Comprehensive Training Bundle
Our nurse-led interactive webinar will enable nurses, carers, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals to develop or refresh the necessary knowledge and skills in Anaphylaxis and Basic Life Support (BLS).
You’ll leave the webinar with an overview of the skills required to recognise and manage life-threatening anaphylactic reactions as well as perform basic life support safely (includes COVID adaptations).
New Webinar Dates – find out more.
Our specialist trainer will also talk you through practical demonstration(s) and there will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions.
All learners will receive a CPD certificate and downloadable handouts.
Target audience: nurses, health care assistants, support workers pharmacists and other health care staff.
Course duration: 2 hours.
Maximum no of delegates: 15
Sessions are delivered via Zoom platform. You will receive comprehensive details both about how to access as well as get the most out of your training – please allow 2 business days from your order.
Course content includes:
- What is anaphylaxis?
Recognition of anaphyalxis
Signs and symptoms
Treatment and management: auto injectors and adrenaline ‘packs’
Basic Life Support
- Recognition of cardio-respiratory arrest
The risks to the rescuer during resuscitation / using AED
How to perform basic life support
The role of an automated external defibrillation
The safe operation of an automated external defibrillator
Your trainer will be delivering the session using an online classroom – known as a ‘webinar’.
To get the most out of the session we recommend you follow these simple tips:
● Don’t be afraid to ask questions: just as in a classroom setting our trainer is there to facilitate your learning. There are no silly questions.
● If you are in a room with other colleagues, it is a good idea to nominate a ‘speaker’ to ask questions to the trainer.
● Wear a sticker with your name on it so that our trainer knows who you are.
● Have some paper and pens ready in case our trainer asks you to write something down.
● It’s ok to get up and stretch if you need too.
● Have fun! We aim for all our learning to be an engaging experience.
● Please leave us feedback using the online code you will be given.
● Please note: you must stay for the full session or you will not receive your certifcate of attendance.
● Delegates please login 15 mins before start time to allow for any technical issues etc.
You can access via the Zoom app or via your PC (you will need to download Zoom )
● Getting started with Zoom on windows and Mac
● Using Zoom app (IOS)
● Zoom app android
Zoom is very intuitive and allows for direct interaction with our trainer.
● Please mute yourself when not talking as this cuts down background interference.
● Please use headphones if possible.
● Please make use of ‘reactions’ and chat facilities as these can aid interactions.