This accredited workshop will enable you to develop the theoretical and practical skills required to vaccinate both adults and children against travel diseases, influenza (the ‘flu’) and other illnesses.
You will also be trained to recognise and manage anaphylaxis and how to perform basic life support.
Essential training for pharmacists, nurses and other health care professionals involved in immunisation, this workshop is delivered by Charles Bloe Training Ltd – the UK’s most trusted healthcare training provider.
- Target audience: nurses, health care assistants, pharmacists and other health care staff involved in vaccination / immunisation.
- Level: suitable for those new to vaccination as well as those requiring an update.
- Course duration: 3.5 hours
- Maximum no of delegates: 12
During the practical workshop learners will undergo supervised instruction and practice using training manikins.
All learners will receive a CPD certificate. Can be combined with one or more courses from our catalogue of online courses. Courses include meningitis, Hep B, malaria etc.
PGDs now available
Working in partnership with Medical Prescription Services we have a range of options available to you if you require PGDs.Need PGDs? Contact us now for more information
Learning outcomes include:
- Understand the professional and legal issues relating to vaccination programmes.
- Understand issues surrounding consent and restraint when vaccinating children.
- Understand the importance of proper vaccine storage and handling.
- Understand how vaccines work and how they can prevent disease.
- Identify vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Understand how to prepare for immunisation and support patients.
- Identify an appropriate anatomical site for vaccination in adults and children.
- Safely perform a vaccination following a period of supervised practice and assessment of competency.
- Identify complications associated with vaccination.
- Understand the physiology and triggers of anaphylaxis, and management.
- Identify the early signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis and how to manage this emergency condition (using auto injectors as well as ‘adrenaline packs’).
- Understand how to perform adult and / or paediatric basic life support in accordance with UK Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
To comply with National Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training for Registered Healthcare Practitioners (2018):
- For those new to immunisation, this workshop should be used as part of a blended approach which should include practical demonstrations, theoretical online learning / background reading. It should be followed by a period of supervision and competency assessment within your own workplace.
- For those experienced in immunisation and requiring an update, this workshop offers the opportunity to refresh skills and discuss common issues. This can also be combined with online learning / background reading.