We know that ‘one size does not fit all’ and acknowledge that people with dementia are more than their diagnosis. Our training emphasises the need to work with individual adults living with dementia as well their diagnosis.
As a quality standard, all trainers are ‘Dementia Champions’. Our training team is led by our Curriculum Lead who is studying for her Masters in Dementia. Additionally we have a number of trainers who specialise in dementia and have a wide range of experience in this field.
We can provide training for acute, community and care home settings. Our approach is always to listen to you and tailor a training program which empowers your staff to deliver the best care possible.
We match our training against the Dementia Training Standards Framework (developed in collaboration by Skills for Health and Health Education England in partnership with Skills for Care.) The majority of our dementia-specific training is geared towards people working in social care who are providing personalised direct care and support to people with dementia and / or their managers (i.e. Tier 2 and Tier 3).
Therefore we include the relevant mix of the following subjects:
- Dementia awareness
- Dementia identification, assessment and diagnosis
- Dementia risk reduction and prevention
- Person-centred dementia care
- Communication, interaction and behaviour in dementia care
- Health and well-being in dementia care
- Pharmacological interventions in dementia care
- Living well with dementia and promoting independence
- Families and carers as partners in dementia care
- Equality diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Law, ethics and safeguarding in dementia care
- End of life dementia care
- Research and evidence-based practice in dementia care
- Leadership in transforming dementia care
Focusing on improving patient / client experience, quality and compassion remains at the centre of everything we do.
Our aim is always to facilitate learning as well as increased confidence in delivering dignified care.
We will always listen to your needs and tailor a training program so that your staff leave a session with the skills, knowledge and confidence to provide the best care possible. Because your clients deserve this.
Charles Bloe Training are second to none. Best service and training. Would absolutely recommend them as a company. Very professional and well led courses. Feedback from our care staff is always positive.
Ideal Complex Care Ltd