Are you looking for complex care training for your staff?
We are experienced at delivering high-quality adult and paediatric complex care training for a wide variety of clients, including domiciliary care, live-in care, nursing and care homes.
Our training is always centered around you and your staff. So, when you contact us we will have an in-depth discussion around your training needs and skill mix as well as the people you provide care for.
Complex care open sessions
New for November 2020: we are introducing a programme of nurse-led complex care webinars delivered via our virtual classroom.
- Book here for adult tracheostomy and ventilation.
- Book here for PEG/ Epilepsy.
- Enhanced peadiatric sessions available on request.
We understand how important competency is so our specialist nurse trainers can also assist with training and / or competency assessment in clients’ homes.
Contact us on email@example.com or 0330 3210 228 to discuss your complex care training needs.
Complex care skills
We can provide training on a wide range of skills including:
- Caring for a patient with a tracheostomy
- Caring for a patient with a spinal injury
- Care of a patient with an acute brain injury
- Caring for a patient requiring ventilatory support (NIV or invasive)
- Caring for a patient requiring oxygen therapy / nebulisers etc
- Caring for a patient with autism
- Caring for a patient with learning difficulties
- Care of a patient with advanced epilepsy
- Care of a patient with a stoma
- Care of a patient requiring enteral feeding (PEG, NG etc)
- Care of a patient requiring total parenteral feeding (TPN)
- Bowel / catheter / pressure care
- Continence care and equipment (e.g. conveen)
- Clinical observations for care staff
- Safeguarding (adults, children and managers)
We will work with you to build training days to match your required skills and budget. Alternatively we can provide a comprehensive overview.
Learning outcomes include:
- Understand what is meant by ‘complex care.
- Overview of principles of safe and dignified care.
- Understand the importance of individual care plans and risk assessments.
- Understand how to provide a variety of clinical skills including tracheostomy care, ventilatory support (NIV / invasive), catheter and bowel care, pressure care, percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) care.
- Understand principles of caring for someone with epilepsy, spinal cord injury and acute brain injury.
2 day practical workshop
This 2-day course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to care for people with a variety of complex care needs. Learners will all have the opportunity to practice skills using training aids.
- Target audience: hospital, community and practice nurses; experienced health care assistants / support workers and any other health or social care staff working with people with complex care needs.
- Level: suitable for those new to working with complex care needs as well as those requiring an update. Health care assistants and support workers must all have at least 6 months care experience.
Each day will include both theoretical and practical components. The broad outline of the course will be:
Course content includes:
- Overview of complex care needs.
- Catheter and bowel care.
- Pressure care / tissue viability.
- Focus on spinal cord injury.
- Recap / questions.
- Overview of epilepsy and administering rescue medications.
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) care and principles for feeding.
- Focus on acute brain injury.
- Recap / questions.