By the end of this e-learning module, you will have an understanding of the following learning outcomes:
- Understand the anatomy and physiology of the skin in relation to pressure area care.
- Be aware of best practice in relation to the role of the carer when undertaking pressure area care.
- Understand the need for good pressure care management.
- Understand the resources available for pressure care management and how to access them.
- Understanding key messages when preventing pressure ulcers.
- The ethical and legal implications around client care.
- The use of a holistic approach to pressure area care.