The aims of this course are to provide the building blocks of knowledge which equip and underpin the working practices of all those involved in safeguarding adults at risk across a multi-agency spectrum. Safeguarding is everyone’ business and all staff groups involved in safeguarding must be able to recognise abuse and neglect and know how to make effective referrals. It will also provide a clear understanding of how to identify and report potential abuse and be able to recognise those that are particularly vulnerable to abuse.
The training is intended to ensure that:
- There is consistency in the interests of all concerned
- Practitioner’ skills and knowledge of the safeguarding processes relating to adults at risk are increased
- Learners understand that the organisation has a duty to ensure that it is meeting it’ obligations to safeguard vulnerable people.
By the end of this e-learning module, you will have an understanding of the following learning outcomes:
- Understand the context of safeguarding within the support and housing sectors
- Gain an improved understanding of the key elements of the practitioner’ own organisation’ safeguarding and abuse policies in relation to adults at risk
- Identified potential barriers to reporting abuse in relation to the victim, staff and others
- Explored key legislation and policy relating to abuse and how these impact on your work
- Examined your own roles and responsibilities in identifying and reporting potential abuse as well as the roles and responsibilities of your partner agencies
- Identify key actions and timescales for responding to concerns
- Further develop the practitioner’ ability to act appropriately and swiftly in safeguarding situations
- Understand when and how to share information
- To have explored practical examples of interventions to support you to promote the safety and well-being of clients/customers
- To have a clear understanding of what constitutes ‘defensible decision making’ and how to keep yourself safe when dealing with abuse cases.
- Gain a greater awareness about domestic abuse, radicalisation, modern day slavery, mental capacity act, female genital mutilation and honour based abuse (including forced marriage).
Expected learning time
2 hour 30 minutes
About this course
Produced by My Learning Cloud.