This course details the main requirements needed by someone who is caring for an individual facing the end of life.it also incorporates legislation guidance surrounding end of life care.
Learners will be advised on advance care planning. Importance is placed on ways of helping the person and their family and friends through the end of life care process and details indications that could show an individual is nearing the end of their life.
This course also gives advice about the services that are available to aid in end of life care and the plans to take following the death of an individual
By the end of this e-learning module, you will have an understanding of the following learning outcomes:
- Understand the legislation that underpins end of life care.
- Understand the importance of clear, concise communication when caring for someone facing the end of life taking into account circumstances, needs and abilities of the person and their family and friends.
- Understand the notion of informed consent, best interest and advance decisions.
- Recognise and understand the importance of collaboration with other services and providers who also work with the person facing end of life.
- Understand what end of life care plans are including advance care plans (ACPs), what their functions are and how to apply them when required.
Expected learning time
2 hours 30 minutes
About this course
Produced by My Learning Cloud.